Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dual Port Ethernet DUAL NIC PORTS.... How To Do This On A Home XP Computer?

DUAL NIC PORTS.... how to do this on a home XP computer? - dual port ethernet

in still trying to update my computer, and recently I saw on the Ethernet connectivity

I saw some motherboards out there with two Ethernet ports, and one speaks of two network cards on the computer have


My mother had a chip are integrated, that NIC, and I found lots of advice about cheap NIC

in question, I can work a hook of the IASB and then my integrated NIC NIC and my advice together? You can even send all the packets twice with a single NIC

I've also head of people, a network adapter to use for free, and another for downloading


Is it possible on a Windows XP Home Edition with integrated NIC

The NCI now have is a Broadcom NetXtreme 57XX Gigabit

2 comments:

Kevin said...

You can have two or more network interface cards. I currently have a 10/100 NIC built into my motherboard and 10/100/1000 network adapter in a PCI slot, and both the function of each link as a separate network. When I connected to a USB network adapter that could have a third network contact if I wanted to be.

Note that the two network cards do not pretend to do together to double your bandwidth, or loading and unloading, as you suggest.

If the speed of your LAN, I suggest you have a 10/100/1000 NIC and raise the router, which has a network switch 10/100/1000 built as well. Note that if you can not increase your local traffic only, the speed of traffic on the other side of the router or your download speeds up the router for this question.

If you try to increase your speed internet buy with your ISP for more bandwidth. In many cases, not only can you increase your download speed but upload speed. You can even on a T1 line with MS, if you own the Internet --EED and the traffic is so important to you.

ngufra said...

She put two network cards.
If you are in the middle, you will not increase performance. May worsen conflicts.

It is generally useful if your computer as a gateway. A network adapter that connect to the DSL modem and the other internal to your network. use a computer to filter packets and register what is happening inside or outside.
Or you have three NICs: conencted a DSL modem and use the other to a cable modem and to be able to provide more bandwidth and reliability of your network (if the soil is a link back) easier with the ports of a dual-WAN router defiance.


I do not see why XP does not allow multiple network adapters.

Post a Comment